I've been consumed with rashes, food allergies, nutrition, and Biblical Arcing this week.
Here's a quick update on Cosette's rashes.
Rash #1: Polka-dot rash (looked like someone took a pink ballpoint pen & dotted her tummy, chest, arms & legs) began fading away the day after we took her off the Amoxicillin. It was completely gone by Sunday. One question remains: Was this rash caused by a) a virus or b) an allergic reaction to the antibiotics?
Rash #2: Giant red splotches beneath her thighs.
We've been applying an anti-fungal cream with no change. I talked to her doctor yesterday, and now we're adding 1% hydrocortisone along with the other cream for one week before I take her in for a follow-up.
That reminds me. I need to set up that follow-up appointment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How frustrating this must be, Yvette! To have something "wrong" with your baby and you can't figure out what! Kieran had hives on and off for almost a year back in the day and no amount of tests or investigation on my part could ever figure out the reason why! And then, they went away and never came back. Hoping you get some answers or, at least, that Cosette's rashes go away and don't come back!
I too hope that you get some answers...how frustrating to be wondering and just not knowing or able to get to the "bottom" of it all!!! Thanks for updating!
Post a Comment