"No, I was naughty," came Henri's reply.
"What did you do?" asked Johnny.
"I pushed some kids, and I rang the bell."
Johnny, not knowing about this bell, asked Henri, "Why did you ring the bell?"
Henri, very excited, "Because it was a BIG bell, Papa, and it was FUN!"
So here's the story: There is a large old bell in the foyer at our church that used to be in the bell tower of the original church building that has since been torn down. Henri ducked underneath it and began pushing the pendulum back and forth in it amidst my calls for him to stop. By the time I got to him, "DINNNNNNGGGGGG!" went the bell, ringing its glorious songs throughout the church building and attracting the stares and smiles of everyone around us. Yes, everyone, that's my boy.
1 comment:
Yes, that's OUR boy :-)
LOVE that boy!!!!!!
Post a Comment